Monday, May 6, 2013

Net/Wall

Today, was the last day before skill testing in Net/Wall. It was really fun and exciting until we had time to practice our serve. Although, other areas of tennis I am good at, the serve seems to be my weakest area. Every time I serve I cannot get it anywhere close to the box. It I've tried all different sorts of wind ups and follows through, but I seem to not be able to do accomplish a correct serve. Ugh, hopefully I will get it down by Wednesday!

3 comments:

  1. I have been having some trouble with my serve also. I either hit the ball right into the net or it flies out of the back of the court. It has been getting a little better, but still is not even close to being accurate. One thing that I have been able to do that has helped a little is try hitting it softer. The serve won't be as powerful, but might be a little more accurate. Let's hope that by the time we have to skill test tomorrow we will have it down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not looking forward to skills testing. I too struggle with my serve. Hopefully I'll be able to get 4 out 6 but I'm not sure, especially when serving from the left side. Jeremy is right though, trying to hit a softer serve really does help. I'm hoping to get time to go out and practice a little bit today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not taken Net/Wall yet, but I am excited to take it. I am very good at badminton, but I am terrible at tennis. I never got tennis and the way to serve. It goes out more times then in which is frustrating. I will have to practice my tennis skills sometime. It would be a great challenge to learn.

    ReplyDelete